Monday, October 1, 2007

A Wise Man Said: Don't Argue With Fools

Mister Michael was at it again. This has actually turned in to more of a social commentary on the ideology of blogging than it has on the idea of racism. I mean, the racism topic was pretty cut and dry. You either are a racist or you are not.

In the author's orginal post that was the catalyst for all of this melodrama he was subtly racist. In his ensuing responses to my comments he was blatantly racist. I am pretty sure his more sensical better half brought this to his attention or somebody with some ability to think at a deeper level helped him realize he was spewing hate messages on a public forum. Because he soon thereafter deleted the post and all of the comments he had posted.

So a month went by and there was no more racism flowing from his loosely followed blog. But a couple of days ago he posts a Tirade for Responsibility. And then shortly therefater he posts another one called Tirade Revisited in which he references me and our exchange from a while back.

Go read it. He seems to be an angry man for some reason. He can't find any positivity in his life. Even though he and his wife are doing an incredible thing and adopting a child, he still looks at the world through his anger filters.

A little later, after I had posted again and he had posted and his wife had posted and all of his blogging friends had posted and said how mean I was - he posted another entry pretty much about me calling him out. That one was called Did you know... and in the follow up comments he actually admits to hating and goes as far as to say hate is healthy:

Mandy, what is so wrong about feeling hate? Have you never hated anything in your life? I hated math in school. I hate losing hands of poker to people who play poorly and get lucky. I hate people who expect the government to support them because they don't want to make the effort to support themselves. I do not hate any complete demographic group. There are individuals who I dislike and some who I hate. Hate is a natural emotion and it is unhealthy to contain it. So I guess it's not so bad to "reek."
- Michael, Lover of Amy

On this particular post (actually on all of them I think) he has gone back through and deleted all of my entries and comments. So reading it now doesn't make much sense or leave much room for argument since he censors his blog so drastically.

Due to that, I'll probably stop engaging with him on his blog. Luckily I archived all of the comments so i will post them here to bear witness to this blogging phenomenon I have watched and learned from as Michael has become my unwitting case study.

So the real question I guess is this and I am truly trying to understand this. Racism and true inner feelings aside; why post something on a public forum and allow comments if all you want to hear are comments that pat you on the back and say how big of a person you are for speaking your mind?

1 comment:

Valtool said...
This comment has been removed by the author.